Friday, March 12, 2010

Is that precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals or is that Miike Snow...?

No, that's no typo. It's Mike but with an extra 'I.' Crazy swedes...


 Quite an interesting mascot they picked; seems to be a hybrid of a rabbit and deer species.

Anyways, Miike Snow is an electronic Swedish band, who sings in English. Others have classified them as electropop and indie pop. But with all the effects they use, I group them with Neon Indian and The Memory Tapes--both of which are also great bands, even if it does seem they should be listened to in conjuction with the use of lysergic acid diethylamide(ACID).

I acquired their self-titled album today, which their most popular track, "Animal," playing as I type this. I think one of the most enjoyable aspects about this album is the underlying beat to which you can't stop yourself from dancing to. The album itself has a decent range from slower like "Burial" to something more upbeat and morning status like "Song For No One." None of these tracks fail to provide a reason to tap your feet and dance in place. Maybe it's just me, but they're really growing on me.

RANDOM TIDBIT: Other artists in my Recently Added folder on iTunes include Big L, Gorillaz and Wu Tang Clan. Talk about a varied taste in music. Weirdest part is that I'm not thrown off when it goes from this to this to this.

Well, that's my insight on Miike Snow. I suggest you try them on for size, if you haven't already sampled the embedded links above. And if you aren't feelin' it, don't worry. I'm not restricting myself to just one genre of music. Speaking of which, my Jedi Mind Tricks discography seems to have downloaded...

Have a good evening. And for my closer...

If you don't understand how there can be rules to the internet, you have much to learn. And that's what I'm here for.


No comments:

Post a Comment