Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hakuna Matata, mon amis.

Comes and Goes (In Waves); That's the song I'm playing at the ripe time of 3:48am. You can enjoy it too as you read the rest of this entry(although with my track record, the reading time may outlast that relaxing 6 minutes of music).

I just got back a few minutes ago from dropping my friend off, and while we embarked on the journey to return him to his humble abode only to turn around and reach mine--I reflected. I had my genre of Acoustic music playing on my night drive and I thought about tonight's events:

6pm-Howard picked me up to go to Anna's.
7:53pm-Howard, Anna, Pete, Kathleen, Margaret and I all get in the car to go to the lock-in.
8:35pm-Howard, Pete, Anna, Katie and I get to good ol' Rinconcito Paisa(Restaurant, Friends <--- according to Dave) for cheap, yet awesome Colombian food.
10pm- Get Tara to crash the lock-in at Funstation.
1am-Leave Lock-In after hardcore bumper cars and lazer tag to reconvene at my place.
3am- Finish watching The Lion King.
3:30am- Home after dropping Pete off.

In my opinion, it was a very fulfilling and complete night. I really can't ask for much more than that. The part that I'd like to focus on though was the our movie selection.

Allow me to digress really quick, anyone who doesn't think The Lion King...

...is an awesome movie, may stop reading NOW. In fact, I insist that you stop and re-examine your life. Possibly your childhood and amid this introspection, perhaps you may uncover where you went wrong.

Back to what I was going to say, sorry for those of you who can appreciate a movie for what it's truly worth for wasting your time, but I realized that I have never fully comprehended The Lion King for all that it has to offer. This may sound hypocritical after I just chastised those who aren't appreciating like 15 seconds ago(if you're not a very fast reader) but it's quite the contrary. I am acknowledging that the movie is profound enough that I had to be an adult legally, not necessarily mentally. There is some serious business going down in this movie, talk about an emotional rollercoaster(No, I did not cry. Men aren't born with tear ducts, don't ya' know?). It also has a lot of jokes that I don't think I ever got until now. Timon and Pumbaa for the win, folks. I laughed out loud more during this than some other more "mature, adult" comedies. Sometimes simple is better...actually, it usually always is.

In line with all that, I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I think we all need to loosen up. As hard as that may seem with you overachievers and your summer classes trying to complete your predetermined plan for school or those of you working your summer away trying to acquire that currency that you just put in the bank; hakuna matata all, no worries. What good is what we do if we never enjoy the time we have now. Take a day off just to relax, listen to some mellow music, maybe pop one of those old school Disney VHS' in, and just appreciate. Think about everything you've wanted to do, but haven't gotten around to. Are you waiting for those ideal circumstances? Really? Well STOP. There's no better time than the now. It's all we can really be sure we have.


Finally, I'll leave you with some words by Jim Rohn-"Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time."

No comments:

Post a Comment